Friday, March 27, 2009

How to be Wise

The Bible has a great deal to say about the importance of wisdom. The Book of Proverbs, in particular, is a treasure rich with insights into the attainment of Wisdom. I want to have as much wisdom as I can to do life and ministry the right way, so I try to read a chapter everyday out of Proverbs. There are 31 chapters, so I can do one a day and finish the book each month.

As the information has finally begun to penetrate my thick skull, a very simple path to Biblical Wisdom has emerged. Proverbs talks quite a bit about the importance of listening and holding your tongue. It seems that wisdom is attained through the ears and lost through the mouth, so if you want to become wiser, all you have to do is listen more and talk less! For more insights, I challenge you to read from Proverbs regularly. You'll get a little wiser every day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a good book in the Bible on JUST THAT topic the last two weeks!!! How ironic that you make a post on that. Now I know what I'll be reading tonight!

God is speaking through you, to me, as usual.

Jeff Asselin said...

Thanks for turning me onto the "one a day" Proverbs reading plan back in August of 2008! I've been reading a book a day (well,...almost, every day...missed 1 or 2 now and then). It seems like the chapters in that book speak to me every time I read them! I can certainly empathize w/you on the whole "listening" thing. In sales it is often easy to forget that God gave us TWO ears and just ONE mouth for a reason! Take care! Jeff