Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Things to say before you die

Two nights ago I was ordained in a very touching ceremony at NorthEast Christian Church in Lexington, KY. My wife (and best friend) Ashley organized most of the service and I sat on the front row in a kind of "awe and wonder"at what was happening around me. I realized just how blessed I am to be surrounded by such loving and supportive friends and family members and how blessed I was to hear their kind words. I also realized that most the time, we tend to reserve our kindest words for a person to be used at their funeral to memorialize them. I don't don't want to do that. I don't want anyone close to me to go into eternity not knowing how I feel about them. I don't want to speak my most loving words to a casket. I challenge you to do the same. If you have something encouraging to say to someone you love...say it!!! Don't wait for tomorrow and definitely don't wait to use it in a eulogy. Life is short enough as it is and when you speak life to someone whom you love, you'll never know the positive impact you're having.

I give my heartfelt thanks to everyone who attended this ceremony and shared this moment with my family and me. I will always treasure your friendship and your encouraging words. I'm a blessed man!

No comments: