Monday, August 18, 2008

The Space Between

I’ve heard it said that life is what happens while we’re busy making other plans. I know that’s been true in my own life. The most life-changing and course-redirecting moments in my life were brought about in the intervals in between my carefully chosen course. In other words, the great moments I have experienced have consistently come in spite of (not because of) my own agenda.

The Bible says that there are many plans in our hearts, but ultimately, it's God who guides our steps. I'm firmly convinced that when we make ourselves available to God and His purposes, He will guide us to destinations more incredible than anyplace we could ever dream up on our own. It just takes the decision to pry our fingers off the steering wheel of our own life and putting our life into the hands of the only One who is capable of making the most of it.

2 comments:

Josh (Click2Grow.com) said...

I'm embarrased to admit that I forgot you had a blog. I stayed up until...it's 1:30am...starting at the very beginning and read everything. I have a recommendation for your book club that corresponds with this topic of finding your way in life. I am reading a book called "Life Launch: A Passionate Guide to the Rest of Your Life" by Frederic Hudson and Pamela McLean. It looks like one of those cheesy school text book kind of books, but for the person searching for their own career path - this is a quicky, easy, and thought-provoking read.

Bill Wilson said...

Dave, this is the.... well battle I'm fighting through now. I know where I would like to be and where I think God wants me but not knowing how to get there. I'm slowly learning that it's just one obedient step after another. It's the not knowing exactly where and exactly how I am getting there that scares me.... to be truthful you and Dorna have been nudging me there and I thank you guys for that.