Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Message from God

Today at church I spent a great deal of time talking with a remarkable man named Ron. He has travelled the world and accomplished much over the past six decades, and yet he maintains a quiet humility and a passion for helping others become all God created them to be. At the end of our conversation, he felt strongly that God had given him a short message to pass along to me. He said, “I don’t know what this means, but I feel strongly that God wants me to tell you to sharpen your drafting pencil. I’ll say that one more time, because I believe it’s very important...sharpen your drafting pencil.”

Now, this sort of thing never happens to me. God doesn’t give me specific messages to give to other people and He rarely delivers specific messages to me through other people, but this short, cryptic command was exactly what I needed to hear and I was left dumbfounded. What Ron didn’t know (he couldn’t have known) is that I’ve been fighting off promptings from my wife (and probably from God too) to begin a draft of a book that’s been on my mind for quite awhile. I’ve just lacked the words (and the motivation) to dive into the project. I believe today God used a great man of faith to erase my excuses and push me to take action and begin writing. I’m posting this publicly (in part) to keep me accountable to follow through on what God is prompting me to do. When you see me, feel free to ask me about my progress. I need all the help I can get to stay on track!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you Dave! I look forward to reading the book that you have written, or should I say the book that God will write through you!

Josh (Click2Grow.com) said...

Dave, it is quite evident from your blog postings that you have a unique gift to write. Not everyone has it. Your style and personality are a lot of fun to read and you have unique ways to drive the point home. You are right on target.

Bill Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Wilson said...

Piper, Driscoll, Mcmanus, and now Willis..... do it up man.... I know it will be great

blogscrapper said...

So.... what happened with the book? What is the subject? Are we done yet?