Friday, February 13, 2009

The Secret

I've been asked recently, "What do you think is the 'Secret' behind the tremendous growth at Stevens Creek Church?" I had to think about it for a minute. On the surface, I believe there are many reasons including a strong, visionary leader (Pastor Marty), a dedicated staff team, a passionate congregation, an amazing new facility, good marketing, Pastor Todd's "Cool Factor", Pastor Kevin's rockin' youth program, great children's ministries, and dozens of other reasons. Any of these would have been a decent anwer to the question, but I don't believe that any of them are the "Secret".

The real reason for the explosive growth hasn't been anything that can be seen a stage, a website or a billboard. I strongly believe that the church has grown, because the church has prayed! Two decades of passionate prayer have yielded this current growth. God always moves through prayer and I believe that nothing great can ever be accomplished apart from prayer. Whatever you may be doing, whether growing a church or growing a family, make prayer your central focus and then watch God do greater things than you could ask or even Imagine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are too humble here... the numbers don't lie... once the WIllis clan arrived in Augusta, The Creek began to blow up... and yes... all those things you mentioned too!