Friday, February 20, 2009

Singles and Sex

This Sunday at the Creek, Pastor Marty will be wrapping up our current sex series by talking directly to single adults and students about the lies Satan is telling them in terms of their own sexuality. CNN recently ran a story about a college co-ed in Nevada (where prostitution is legal) who decided to auction off her virginity to help pay for college. She apparantly sees nothing wrong with this and sadly, her values are consistent with her generation ("my body...my choice"). We as followers of Jesus must remember that our bodies are not our own; we were bought with a price and must honor God with our bodies. God's regulations for our sexuality have nothing to do with taking away our "fun", but they have everything today with protecting us and elevating the value of sexual intimacy that should be enjoyed between a husband and a wife. It's going to be a great Sunday and I hope to see you at The Creek! (www.stevenscreek.net)

1 comment:

Lela Kay said...

What a challenge, but still, a gift, to bring up our children in homes where we love God, value His will for our lives and our bodies and wish for them to do the same some day! I get very anxious about what life will be when my girls are making their own choices that will be much more pressing than, "Jovey, would you like to have yogurt and peanut butter crackers or a turkey sandwich for lunch", but I trust in a God who gives wisdom, joy and peace in all of my many insecurities as a momma (and every other role I play) and who will lead us all as we seek Him as a family.