Thursday, May 22, 2008

Never Stop Learning

I'm taking a seminary course in Cincinnati this week and it's been an incredible experience so far. It's a condensed format where we meet Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 so my head is spinning right now as I try to gather my thoughts enough to write this post. I've learned so much over the last four days from very gifted teachers and my many pages of notes are way too long to try to condense into a few paragraphs here, so I'm listing the top "takeaways" that I have gained from this week's experience...

1. It's all about Jesus: No matter what I'm doing or how tough or great my situation may be, I'm reminded that it's by His strengh alone and for His glory alone that I do all things.

2. Never Stop Learning: We are always a work in progress and no matter how much we think we know, we really don't know much at all. God uses those with a teachable spirit who keep a "constant craving" (sorry about the K.D. Lang song reference) for learning and continued growth.

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to grab some lunch and learn some more. If my head doesn't exploed from all this new information, I'll look forward to being back at The Creek next week. Until then, keep learnin' and keep lovin' Jesus.

No comments: