Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We're heading out

Right now, I'm in the midst of loading up the car, checking my e-mail one last time, making sure I didn't forget anything vital like toothpaste and trusting Thomas the Tank Engine to entertain my kids for a few minutes while I write this post. We're heading to Kentucky to attend my brother's wedding this Friday and then I'm leaving early Saturday morning for a missions trip to Honduras, so this will be a whirlwind.

The wedding should be interesting because it's on the 4th of July and it's a ceremony that I will be co-officiating with a retired Catholic priest. Yeah...this should definitely be a memorable wedding. My brother Drew is marrying an awesome girl named Erin and we can't wait to offiicially welcome her into the family.

Please be praying for us this week that I don't kill my children on the perilous 9-hour voyage today and that I would make the most of my opportunity at the wedding to share the Good News of Jesus in a respectful way that honors the couple and captures the imagination of any unsaved folks in attendance. It's going to be a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Father, I praise you for Dave and his servant heart. Bless everyone Dave comes into contact with on this journey. Keep Dave safe from harm and return him to his family full of your joy and your passion. In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!