Sunday, July 20, 2008

What did we ever do before cell phones?

I've become so attached to my cell phone that I often wonder what I ever did before owning one. I'm now getting to experience my life in the B.C. (Before Cell) years, because last week, I accidently left my phone in Honduras. At first I felt naked, but after a few days, I found myself greatly enjoying the peace. It's been amazing! I've felt much more relaxed and focused without the contstant interruptions brought on by my phone. Now, I'm actually dreading going back to the world of the wireless. Don't get me wrong, I love being in contact with my friends and family, but if you ever find yourself feeling stressed, I would strongly suggest taking a voluntary holiday from cell phone use. Believe it or not, I've found that the world actually keeps spinning even without cell phones. Maybe those Amish folks had it right after all! My next step is trading in my car for a horse and buggy.

3 comments:

TJ Hearndon said...

Hey you are probably right about the whole freedom thing with not having a cell phone. I think that they can be good if you use them right. I think that text messaging is great if you don't have alot of time. I use it tell people stuff but i don't want to be rude and get off the phone so fast. So I thing you are totally right about it though.

Anonymous said...

You and Brother Ezekiel can hang out together :)

Anonymous said...

I don't want to know what it feels like to go w/o a phone. But I'm up for a horse and buggy ride any day; it'll save me a ton on gas. Hee, hee, hee.