Sunday, January 18, 2009

Accountability

The funny thing about accountability is that we need it and we say we want it, but when we actually get it, we usually resent it. Let me give you an example...I recently wrote a blog post documenting my New Year's Resolutions and asking my friends to keep me accountable to follow through on them. Well, I'm only a few weeks into the New Year and I've already fallen off the wagon on at least one of the resolutions which was to consistently write at least two new blog posts per week. I've been called out already by multiple legalistic...urr...I mean "detail-oriented" friends who took my post literally, so I'm posting this to up my weekly average and also to thank my friends for their harassment...umm...I mean gentle encouragment.

Truly, for big things and small things, we need to encourage, protect, challenge, correct and uplift one another. I'm thankful to have jerks...I mean, great friends who do that for me!

1 comment:

Bill Wilson said...

Hey man you asked for it...... if you have to resort to calling me legalistic and other names I forgive you.... but I have a responsibility to hold you accountable to your word. your welcome