Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions!

Happy New Year! 2009 is upon us and today we can look forward to a year rich with possibilities and hope for better times. The new year always seems to bring with it the optimism that we can achieve any goal we set for ourselves. I ate at Waffle House at 1:00am this morning (which I won't do again in the new year) and my friendly-but-toothless waitress and I started talking about resolutions for the new year. She proudly told me that she planned on quitting smoking "right after I finish this pack." I smiled and thought about all the times I had "planned" on doing something good instead of actually doing it. Why wait to finish the pack...start now! So for me, here are a few goals I have for the new year. Note that I say "goals" instead of "resolutions" because goals are precise and measurable which makes fulfilling them more likely. If you'd like to comment, I would love to hear about your own goals so we can all encourage each other to keep them!

*Run a marathon (without dying afterwards).
*Do enough push-ups to firm up my "man boobs"
*Become proficient enough at Spanish that I could order at a Mexican Restaurant and make the server think that I might be his light-skinned, long-lost cousin.
*Spend a minimum of two hours of quality time per day interacting with my kids (I could just say spend "time", but if you don't measure it, then you typically don't follow through).
*Take Ashley out on a hot date every week...no exceptions!
*Read at least 25 books.
*Write a book.
*Post at least two new entries to this blog each week (hold me to it)!

4 comments:

Josh (Click2Grow.com) said...

Dave, 2 more days until you are 1 week from the post you said you would post twice per week. Better hop to it! I know how hard this is. I am having a hard enough time posting once per week.

Perrie Lynn said...

Dave,

You are more of a man than I am.....HA HA, but one goal is all I can handle in a year.

I plan to lose the 20 lbs I put on last year after quitting smoking. I plan to accomplish this goal by July 2009 by exercising and better diet.

Amanda said...

Bring the boys over! I'd love to watch them for you so you can take Ashley out on a hot date! :O)

Kris said...

Dude I'm training for the Country Music Marathon (Nashville, TN) on April 25th. Seems like a good halfway point! See you there?!