Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Announcement

Dear Friends and Family,
THANK YOU so much for your encouragement and prayer. You are truly a blessing to Ashley and me, and we're so grateful you're in our lives. As many of you know, we've been praying about the possibility of moving ot Florida where I would become the new Senior Pastor of "Christ's Church" in Fleming Island (www.ccflemingisland.com) which is just outside Jacksonville. We spent this past weekend there and I wanted to give you an update of our visit and the next steps...

The church enthusiastically welcomed us and actually broke an attendance record with more than 1000 people. They are a wonderful, loving and grace-filled congregation. I believe God used this visit to confirm in my mind and theirs that He is indeed calling me to Florida. Essentially, I have been offered the position and I have accepted it, but it won't be official until I return next weekend (Feb. 7) and the church follows its written bylaws and allows the congregation to vote on my candidacy. The bottom line is that unless God supernaturally slams the door, it's going to happen. We will most likely stay at The Creek through February, and make the move to Florida the first week in March. Now, we're just praying that God would allow the details to fall into place (which He's been doing all along and I'm sure He will continue to do).

Thanks again for your support, prayer and encouragement. This is a very exciting time for us, and we're honored to get to celebrate with you.
Dave

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave it has been an honor to be pastored/mentored under you. I have been blessed many times by the message(s) that you have delivered. Your quick smile and kind words have been appreciated. You quickly became one of my all time favorites. I will miss you and I know many others will too. Take care and I will be praying for you, Ashley and the kids as you make this transition. Annette Berger Hare

Christina said...

I am excited about what the Lord has in store for your family, but sad to loose people who have quickly become dear to our hearts. Thank you so very much for your impact on our family and the prayers and time that were devoted to the miracle of our restored marraige. We will forever be thankful for your investment in our lives. We love yall and will miss you a ton.

Unknown said...

Dave,
My jaw hit the floor this morning when I read the news clip and then listen to the you tube announcement. Welcome to Florida, brother! Let's storm the gates of hell together. Give me a call when you catch your breath. Christ's Church has a had a great influence in Jacksonville and the Fleming Island site is just another example of what's to come. Blessing to you Ashley. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Hey...you still owe me lunch...or $1.00, or something! (trying to keep you around a bit longer). We are thrilled for your ministry opportunity...our prayers continue for the transition. May HIS peace and strength be evident in all you do!

Alan said...

What a thrill, Bro!!! Congratulations, Dave, on this next step in your spiritual journey. I pray God's richest blessings and deepest peace in your transition. I do hope you will have a moment of deep breath and rest before the new work starts...maybe even a chance to swing through your hometown and grab lunch! Truly, my friend, I am DELIGHTED for you! Alan