Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thank You, Stevens Creek.

My time in Augusta is quickly drawing to a close and as our departure to Florida nears, I find myself feeling a myriad of mixed emotions. I feel tremendous excitement for the door that God has opened for a new era of ministry and I feel humble thankfulness to God for all of the blessings in my life, but I also feel sadness as I reflect on the remarkable church and wonderful friends I will be leaving behind. I know that as Christians, no "goodbye" is ever final, but I still want to take this opportunity to thank God for three of the best years of my life and to thank my "Creekers" for what has been an an amazing adventure!

To my family and friends at The Creek, Thank You! Thank you for the prayers, encouragement, love, friendship and support you have shown to my family and me. I'm a better person and a better pastor because of our time together. It has truly been an honor to be your partner in ministry, and I wouldn't trade our time together for anything. I pray God's best for you as you continue to Love God, Love People and Serve the World!

2 comments:

Old Hampshire said...

Dave we will miss you guys greatly, and all of us "Creekers" are better off for having you as a Pastor. Go get em Dave....keep fightin the good fight!

Wade said...

Dave,
We have all been so blessed to have had you and Ashley in our lives. We wish you both and the boys all the best in Florida and we will all miss y'all deeply. Be blessed my brother and best of wishes as you start your ministry at Christ Church in Fleming Island.