Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time

We always make room for what is most important to us. For instance, I have never been so full at the dinner table that I would pass up warm, homemade apple pie. As soon as I smell it, it's like a whole separte "Dessert Stomach" opens up and I've got room for pie, ice cream and even some coffee.

It's the same in our schedules. We live in a fast-paced, hectic world where our schedules can easily push away the relationships that should matter most to us. We get "too busy" for God, for our spouse and even for our kids, but we must "make room" for the people who are most important. Nothing communicates our love like our time. In fact, I believe that Time is the Currency of Relationships. When we're investing our time into a relationship, it thrives, but when we're depriving a relationship of our time, it dies. Be intentional about how you invest every minute of your day, and make room for what matters most!

2 comments:

Lela Kay said...

Dave I talk about this a lot! I used to catch myself saying, "I don't have time" and then, I realized that I had plenty of time to do what I truly found important (which for a long time was lazing around, watching tv, not reading my Bible, etc.). Now, it is a conviction when I begin to think that I don't have time for things, as most of the time, they are the things that I should be most concerned with accomplishing within the course of my day (playing one more game of candyland with my girls, reading the Bible, exercising, etc.). Thanks for the reminder to us all that making time is truly a joy!

Unknown said...

Good article, thanks.

best gadget reviews