Tuesday, June 3, 2008

90-Day Challenge


What's the maximum possible life-change you could experience in a 90-day period of time?


I suppose you could lose a significant amount of weight or maybe pay off some debt during a 3-month window, but this past Sunday at church, I suggested that there is a challenge of more eternal significance that could be completed in 90 days. The challenge is the read through the entire Bible from start to finish over the next 3 months. I was blown away by the response as hundreds of folks seemed eager to make God's word a top priority this summer. My "Summer Reading List" has radically changed as a result of this challenge and I'm fully expecting to be radically changed by God's Word over the next three months. If you would like to join me and hundreds of others from our church this Summer in the great adventure of exploring God's Living Word, then click on the link below for the daily reading plan.


3 comments:

Mark D. Rucker said...

It can definitely change your life. When we did this at Northeast I committed to it and enjoyed it so much that I did it a second time last year. You know I've often told people that I spent 4 years in college and 3 years in law school dedicating mydelf to the study of the law just so I could call myself a lawyer. But until 2006 I easily referred to myself as a "Chrisitian" but I had never read the complete "manual". It can truly be a life changing experience.

Jennifer Burgett said...

Wow! Our church is reading the bible through as a congregation in a YEAR and I can’t keep up. I guess that means I am not making it a priority am I?!?!?!

Lela Kay said...

what an awesome challenge! i think that joshua and i are going to embark upon it together, roping in another young couple that we feel is up to the same challenge! i'll have to let you know how it goes. the 1 year thing never works for me, sadly, but a shorter term goal may be just what i need to push myself and get myself deep into god's awesome word!