Saturday, June 7, 2008

Change of Plans

At this very moment, I am supposed to be on a plane to Honduras for a weeklong mission, but instead, I'm sitting at my computer at home writing this blog. Through a myriad of circumstances out of our control, our flight was canceled and consequently, so was our trip. Our team is bummed, but I'm reminded that our plans aren't always God's plans and I'm sure He has a very good reason for closing this door at this time. So for this week, I want to make an extra effort to savor every moment of wrestling with my boys, holding hands with Ashley, watching Comedy Central, eating American food (with some burritos thrown in) and doing all the incredible things I would have had to miss by being away all week. There's no place like home!

1 comment:

D'Art Strickland said...

I'm curious as to how a canceled flight leads to an entire trip being canceled. But on the flip side, I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your family.