Monday, March 31, 2008

I have P.M.S.

I preached yesterday about Jesus' invitation to each of us: "Follow Me". I love communicating and teaching, but it seems like every Monday morning after a sermon, I have some sort of spiritual hangover. I call it PMS (Post Message Syndrom). I'm not sure why it happens, but I suppose it makes sense. Whenever we pour ourselves into anything (whether it's a sermon or some other type of intense project), we're bound to be emotionally and physically drained after the task is completed and the adrenaline has worn off. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Jesus often secluded Himself after sermons and intensive times of teaching around large groups. I'm sure the physical and emotional sides of Him experienced fatigue just like the rest of us. I suppose it's just part of being human.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously Dave, you are just too funny!!! You make me laugh ALL THE TIME!

Bill Wilson said...

Dave
beyond all the prep work and energy that goes into the sermon, you hold a great responsibility of communicating the truth to the church body..... i'm sure thats a heavy weight to carry..... you do a great job man keep it up
Billy

Joshua McFarland said...

I am pretty sure that you are the only preacher in the world who has this PMS problem. I am also not sure if you should have admitted that to anyone. (You have to agree it makes you sound a bit weird) Just kidding dude, I totally understand. Think about these crazy guys who deliver 4-5 messages a Sunday. I am pretty much toast after doing the weekling camp pastor thing. Take it easy and keep bringing the Word in that relevant, practical, understandable way that only Dave Willis can.