Monday, March 24, 2008

Toddlerhood


As most of you know, I have two precious little boys who (along with their hot mother) are the light of my life. They can be such angels, BUT there is a dark side. I don't know how it happens or why it happens, but seemingly without provocation, these sweet little angels can become holy terrors. I wasn't 100% sure that demon possession still happened until I had a toddler. Now, I'm positive that it does-I've seen it first hand. It happens most often when we're exiting "Chucky Cheese", but it can also strike without warning anytime and anywhere.

The bad news is...I'm not much of an exorcist, because the episodes seem to continue. I guess the cliche is true: Pastors' kids are the worst! I have found that these tantrums can be controlled. Just as a bit advice to anyone who is in my same hectic season of life, I've found ice cream to be the toddler-exorcism-equivalent to holy water. It seems to work every time. Just make sure you've always got ice cream on hand and the toddler demons can be stopped. Sure, you might end up with a chubby toddler, but it beats the alternative (a demon-possessed toddler).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Dave I needed this. You made me laugh!
Now that I know my Pastor has also viewed his children as being "possessed", I no longer feel bad for saying that our little Chicken came from the Devil. HA!

Maybe we should get Marty to perform an exorcism on all of our kids.

Lela Kay said...

I'm a huge proponent of "any means necessary" to combat these demon possessions. Jovey has had them frequently and I can see it in Laney's near future as she screams when her food is gone and she's not due to eat for at least another minute while I put some cheerios on her tray! Lots of prayer and Ice cream are great ideas to me. . . although that can be a bit messy in the pocket, so just FYI. . . individual bags of fruit snacks are quite "holy" on trips outside the McFarland house!

jimmyppop said...

I'm seeing a correlation between Chucky Cheese and the "Chucky" doll. Not only do kids turn into Chucky after leaving, but have you seen the animatronics when they're not moving? Pretty freaky looking.

James