Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm headin' South


I just found out that I will be accompanying a team of 15 other folks from our church to Honduras for a missions trip in June. I'm excited about the opportunity, but I'm also a little bit apprehensive about leaving Ashley here with the boys for a week without me. Please be praying for our team's safety and effectiveness as we do relief work in one of the poorest nations in the western hemisphere. Please also be praying for the safety (and sanity) of my family while I'm gone. Thanks to Ashley for allowing me to be away.



Details about the trip...


I didn't know the first thing about Honduras up until a few days ago, but the more I'm learning, the more excited I am about this opportunity. Honduras is a fairly small country (roughly the size of Tennessee) and it's among the world's poorest nations. We will be partnering with an excellent, Christian organization called Honduras Outreach International (http://www.hoi.org/). For many years, this group has been empowering Hondurans by providing food, education, shelter, medical care and sharing the Gospel. We're honored to share in their ministry and we expect to return home with a humbled sense of awe at what God is doing all around our world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing a missions trip is at the top of my list of something I want to do before I die. It has always been a money issue on why I have not been able to go on one yet. One day my time will come!

Ashley will do fine. Trey has left me plenty of times by myself for a week with the kids.
In fact, when Madison was 3 weeks old he had to go out of town for 6 days for work. IT SUCKED, but I survived.

Ashley has the mom thing down- packed...she'll be OK. :O)